Pregnant, as you know, your skin is likely to lose its elasticity, can develop stretch marks and may also dry out. This happens because of the hormonal changes your body is experiencing and, in part, reduce the natural oily layer of the skin, which maintains its elasticity and prevents dehydration.
If you feel your skin tends to get dry, become rough, irritated, and often itchy - that's why.
How can you care for the skin during pregnancy?
- Use bathing suits suitable for dry skin (al-soap), and preferably no more than once a day. Soap bathing can increase skin dryness.
- Apply your skin in moisturizer, especially in wintry weather, as well as in the morning before activity and in the evening before bed. Apply moisturizer after each wash of hands.
- Nourish the skin with oil that is suitable for use during pregnancy to preserve the essential oily layer of the skin. Dry and irritated skin can lose its elasticity - which increases the appearance of stretch marks. Nourishing the skin and maintaining its elasticity helps prevent stretch marks.
- Try to avoid aggressive skin treatments, as well as avoid chemical treatments as much as possible.
- Remember, your skin is affected by your diet and the amount of drinking. Therefore, it is important that you drink a lot, especially water.
- You should add "good" fats to the diet, which are found in olive oil, nuts, and avocado.
- Try to bathe in lukewarm water, yes, even in winter. Too hot water removes the skin's essential natural fat layer.
- Try to limit the amount of time you shower or soak in the bath for 15 minutes, no more.
- It is important to avoid aggressive rubbing of the skin while washing or drying. Try drying the skin lightly with a soft towel. Apply moisturizer immediately after bathing.
- It is recommended that you add fat to the bathwater, but take precautions, you may slip.
- It is advisable to avoid products containing fragrances that may affect the dryness and sensitivity of your skin.
Don't forget to apply sunscreen (at least 15 SPF) in summer and winter, even on cloudy days.